Doctorial Consortium Student Travel Grants
Thanks to the US National Science Foundation and our sponsors, ISRR 2017 will include a Doctoral Consortium in which selected PhD students will participate in a special program during the conference that will provide them special mentoring by and networking with leading researchers in robotics. The PhD students selected for this program will present their original research at a special session at the conference in which the designated mentors will provide feedback to them. The program will provide partial travel support for the selected participants.
Award Conditions/Instructions/Opportunities: The students selected for the program are expected/required to:
- Attend the entire conference, e.g., December 11-14, 2017.
- Optionally, attend the workshop being organized in Santiago on Friday December 15, 2017.
- Do NOT book your hotel room. Students selected for the Doctoral Consortium will share a room with another Doctorarl Consortium participant in hotel rooms at the conference hotel, and they will be paid for directly by the hotel.
- US-based PhD students must book their airfare on US carriers. This is important as you won't be able to be reimbursed if you do not.
Applications are submitted through the on-line
Doctoral Consortium Travel Grant Application.
Deadline: October 31, 2017, Any Where On Earth.
The application requests:
- information about the applicant,
- information about any ISRR 2017 papers for which the applicant is a co-author (not a requirement for acceptance),
- a statement about attendance at ISRR 2017 will impact the applicant, and
- a resume/CV to be uploaded to the system,
- a letter of endorsement from the student's advisor (also submitted through the online system).