Howdy! My Name is Bryan Rodriguez I am a rising senior at Thelma R Salinas STEM ECHS. I also take dual enrollment classes in my high school, and i will be receiving an Associates degree in Computer Science I plan on graduating in 2017. My email is email@example.com. Link to my website.
I will be working along side Dr. Nancy Amato, Read Sandstrom and Saurabh Mishra. Dr. Nancy Amato is Unocal Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Texas A&M University where she co-directs the Parasol Lab. Read and Saurabh are currently in the Computer Science department at Texas A&M University. Read and Saurabh area of research is about Physical Robots.
Link to Read Sandstrom website
Link to Saurabh Mishra website.
Our research project consist of modeling the first stage of a construction problem: moving resources from a supply or drop-off site to a construction site. The environments we study will also have a robot depot site, where robots recharge and replacements stand on deck.
Some questions that might be worth investigating:
- Can we bound the time it takes to complete the task based on inter-site distances, energy requirements, and number of robots?
- Is there an optimal robot replacement policy for a given problem?
- Can we tweak the roadmaps in some way to improve the replacement efficiency? For example, what happens if we split undirected edges into two directed pieces to create 'road lanes'?
- Can we make algorithms that are robust to robot/battery failures?
- How do the properties of the resources affect things? What happens if we vary the simulated weight, number of robots required to move them, add multiple types requiring different drop-off sites, include things like 'hazardous' materials that require special paths, etc.?
-Towards Autonomous Navigation and Assembly using Visual Recognition
DREU: Distributed Research Experiences for Undergraduates
Parasol Home | Research | People | General info | Seminars | Resources
Parasol Laboratory, 425 Harvey R. Bright Bldg, 3112 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-3112
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 979.458.0722 Fax 979.458.0718
Department of Computer Science and Engineering | Dwight Look College of Engineering | Texas A&M University
Privacy statement: Computer Science and Engineering Engineering TAMU
Web Accessibility Policy and Law - Web Accessibility and Usability Standards - Contact Webmaster