CPSC 289 Sec 502: Review for Exam 2
You may bring one 8.5 by 11 inch sheet of paper to the exam with
your notes on it. You may write on both sides of it.
You must turn your review sheet in with your exam.
Review the following:
- Lectures from 2/27 through 4/3
- Ch 4 (you can skip Generalized Induction on p. 307)
- Ch 7, sec 3
- Ch 5 (you can skip Distributing Objects into Boxes on p. 376)
- Quizzes 5-8 and their solutions (given in class)
- Homework assignments 4-7 and their solutions
(given in class)
The format of the exam will be some short answers (like the quizzes) and some
"work-out" problems (like the homeworks).
The textbook has an excellent review of key terms and results
at the end of each chapter. I recommend you know the terms and results
and work the questions.
- Ch 4: pp. 328-329
- Ch 7: pp. 513-515 (pick out what is relevant to sec 3)
- Ch 5: pp. 386-387