CSCE 668: Review for Final Exam
You may use your own notes on TWO 8.5 by 11 inch sheets of paper (you may
write on both sides) during the exam, but no other resources.
The final exam will be cumulative, with somewhat more emphasis on material
covered since the second midterm. In addition to the review suggestions
for the midterms, I recommend reviewing the following:
- Lectures since Mon, Mar 31.
Powerpoint slides are available online; notes on failure detectors
For the Link Reversal slide set, just focus on slides 1-32,
38-41, 43, 46-47.
- Readings from textbook:
- Chapter 10 (skip proof of Algorithm 26, skip Sec 10.3.1-10.3.2)
- Chapter 15 (skip Sec 15.3.2-15.3.5)
- Chapter 16 (skip lower bound in Section 16.1; skip Sec 16.3.3-16.4.2)
- Homeworks 7 and 8 and their solutions (gone over in class).
The format of the exam will be some short answers and some
More specific hints about what to focus on will be forthcoming.